Wednesday 27 July 2016

Painting is My Muse

Painting without inspiration was something I used to avoid. I genuinely believed that I needed to feel like painting in order to paint. I slowly came to the realisation that this wasn't truly the case. After all, I doctor even on days where I'm not at my most doctorly!

I started out by doodling with my paints in front of the television. I found that painting, in and of itself, made me feel more creative and that some of my best work has come out of this habit. It's also enjoyable, therapeutic and something I never regret. I'm a firm believer that every painting is a stepping stone, so even my absolute scribbles will lead to better things.

As such, I paint every day, rain or shine, however I feel. Painting, in and of itself, is my muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment