Sunday 24 July 2016

When my paintings take on a life of their own

So I took out a nice blank canvas, poured some acrylics on a palette and got painting. I started out with a plan to make a kind and lonely farmer tending his land. Somewhere along the line, his sky turned a shocking shade of magenta, his fields turned into aquamarine mountains and the farmer himself morphed into a dancing bride...

I have tried to stick to my plans, but my art really loses something in that process. It's almost like trying to breathe life into something that's long gone. If I could capture that in a painting, I'd be one happy woman, but thus far it eludes me.

So far, I just look forward to 'meeting' my paintings as they come from the end of my brush/cocktail stick/butter knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment