Sunday 7 August 2016

Happy Paintings

As you may know, I sell as "Emer's Happy Paintings". People have asked me if this is supposed to be ironic or if I have a very disturbed idea of happiness. The answer to both of these is a decidedly firm "no".

Yes, some of my work is cheerful, but I'm told that much of it tends toward the bleak side. Sometimes this darkness is intentional. Sometimes, it's just my way of expelling stress unto a canvas.

They're "happy paintings" because painting makes me extremely happy. And because 20% of profits go to Jigsaw Galway, a youth mental health charity. So while my business name may not be particularly clever or funny, it describes what I do. I hope some of the "happy" will rub off on others along the way.
Find more on my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment